This is the cherry blossom shawl, it is on circular needles so I can't spread it out to it's full size. I still have quite abit to finish having just started Chart 3 and there are 12 repeats and over 300 stitches in each round.




Don't you hate it when you find a pattern and yarn that you like, put a lot of time into knitting it then try it on and it looks horrible on you? I have one sweater in an almost complete state but when I look at the color I think why in the world did I choose that color--I never wear that color. I was looking at the back cover of one of my Knitter's Magazines, I think it was a fashion show at one of their Stitches events. Anyway, some of the sweaters the knitters wore were just beautiful, but they weren't flattering to the people wearing them. I suppose that's the risk we take when we knit.

I still haven't gotten my computer fixed. I left it with my ISP in town and it was there a week but they still hadn't even looked at it, so I picked it up on Friday. Everything works fine except I can't surf the internet. In the meantime I can use AOL, so I subscribed for 3 free months, but you can use only 5 hours per month and then it's $1.95 per hour after that. I'm sure I'm over the 5 hours already just trying to find help over the internet to fix my surfing problem. Tomorrow I hope to take it to a real computer whiz to see if he can fix the problem.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Betsy,
I am in awe of your cherry blossom shawl progress. Just breathtaking.I have not made a sweater for myself in 20 years. I now exactly what you mean...putting all the work into it and having it look awful. I came across a pattern last night I am thinking of making for me. Being Plus Size ..aweater cam make me look like a line baker...lol.Hope you get your computer problems fixed soon.