I bought some variegated sock yarn to make a scarf for my DS girlfriend, but I didn't like the looks of it so I ripped it out. Now I'm thinking about making a pair of socks with it. I haven't made any socks for a couple of years. I just joined a sock knitalong and am hoping to hear from some knitters who have knit pretty socks with variegated yarn. I don't want a boring stockinette sock or I probably won't finish it.

On another note, my three sisters and I took the train to Chicago Friday and returned Saturday night. We didn't have enough time to do the things we wanted to do and since I'm the only knitter we didn't go to any yarn shops--not that I need any more yarn anyway.

Knitter's Mag Winter 04 is supposed to be in the mail. I saw a photo of a lace scarf on their website that I hope will be a future knitting project--maybe the scarf I wanted to make for my MIL. If I'm going to make any Christmas presents, I will have to set aside everything I'm working on now or it won't be done in time.

No comments: