This is the Old Way Gansey from IK Winter 04. It's knit in the round and I'm about 4 inches from finishing the body. I had to run to Mary Maxim yesterday (yes, Mary Maxim does carry a limited amount of wool yarn) to buy another ball of Brown Sheep Nature Spun, because it looks like 5 skeins isn't enough. I'm hoping when it's finished it will fit me, it's knit a little large then run through the washer two times.

I am already thinking about knitting my next project--Latvian mittens. I almost ordered a pattern book, but I found a mitten pattern in an old issue of Knitter's Magazine. I bought Silky Wool in purple and gray and will do a swatch to see if it's suitable. The pattern calls for 00 needles, but the smallest I have is 0.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Hi Betsy,
Thanks for the kind comments about my hats. They were fun to make. We are on the same wavelength.... I am knitting the Lapland Mitten from Folk Mittens. I want the Latvian mitten book too. I just hate to spend the $25.00 on it right now. There was a gorgeous pair of mittens in the last Interweave Knits. Did you see them? Love the "Old Way Gansey".