I'm happy to report that my Violets by the River shawl has been completed.

It turned out as nice as I thought it would. From start to finish it took me about a week to knit. This was the only project I worked on, knitting 2-3 hours each day. As shawls go, I would say that it is small, but if someone is looking for immediate gratification this shawl is a good pattern to start with as it gives you the confidence to try something a little more challenging.

While I'm waiting for my yarn order to arrive, I've started a entrelac/lace sweater.

This is one of the sleeves, done in a mesh lace pattern. I have never done entrelac so only time will tell if I actually finish this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy, the Violets by the River shawl is just beautiful! And you knit it in just a week? It would probably take me years!