My handpainted yarn arrived yesterday
 

 
It took me over an hour to wind this up by hand. I think there is over 1800 yards of lace weight yarn here. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a ball winder! The colors look much prettier after it is wound. I started a swatch but I didn't do something right so I have to start over.
 
Here's another photo of Madli's shawl.   
  
 

 
I stretched it out and pinned so as to get a better look at the pattern. If I knit three pattern repeats everyday it will be done in a little over a week. In reality, I know it's going to be more like 2-3 weeks before I finish it.
 
 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your shawl looks gorgeous! There's going to be a Madli's Shawl knitalong starting in August. We'd love to have your input if there's anything to watch out for. You seem to have gotten far enough to know if there are any snafus in the pattern.

Beth
www.yarnenvy.blogspot.com