There's an important trial going on right now in New York involving the constitutionality of the partial birth abortion ban. Every day the American Center for Law and Justice is giving a report of the trial. Partial birth abortion is a barbaric procedure, the details explained in the trial are gruesome to read. If you're not familiar with what happens I urge you to read it, no civilized society should allow this to happen.

I used to be a supporter of abortion, not that I would have one, because I was pregnant before I got married, so it was an option. Rather, I thought women should be able to make the choice for themselves. I must say though, that I didn't really think about abortion much, as far as what happens to the fetus or how it might affect the woman afterwards. It was only a seven years ago that my heart was changed about abortion.

Reading through the trial highlights brings to mind a situation in my family. My niece graduated a few years ago at the top of her class. She was named one of the best students in the state. She was attending college and dating a young man and became pregnant. Her parents pressured her to have an abortion, afterall she had a bright future ahead of her. Her mother especially was adament that this would be the best decision. My niece, bless her heart, was equally strong in her conviction that she would not have an abortion. Today she has a beautiful little girl, a child that has brought joy to my niece and to the child's grandparents.

No comments: