I was gone all of last week so I didn't get Madli done, but I'm making good progess...



I'm on the 26th repeat--only 5 more to go then knit and kitchener the border. It doesn't look very long, but it has a lot of stretch to it. I'm wearing it to a wedding on September 4th.

While I was gone I worked on this shawl.



This is Crystal Blue Persuasion from a back issue of Knitters.
I'm using the handpainted yarn I purchased from Danette Taylor. I took this with me because the pattern was simple enough to memorize.

I'm at the point where it's time to find another shawl pattern. This morning I started going through all of my knitting magazines and have decided to make a list of all the shawl patterns I have so I don't have to leaf through every single magazine when I'm looking for a pattern.

Another project I might start is to crochet or knit edgings on hankies and give them to my nieces as part of their bridal shower gifts. I bought this from my BIL antique store.



I'm going to take the poem, Something old, something new and rework it so they know why I'm giving them a hankie.

No comments: