The 2nd border of Madli's shawl has to be kitchenered to the body.


I've never had to kitchener so many stitches before, it wasn't bad but probably took almost 2 hours.

After that I soaked it in water with a capful of Eucalan, spun it out in the washer, then pinned it out on the bed.



I considered keeping the sides straight rather than having the points, but I decided to try it and if I didn't like it, the next time I washed it I would leave it straight.

I weaved in the ends after I blocked it and she's ready to wear! It was a little breezy when I took the photo so I couldn't get the shawl to hang flat against the rail.



I estimated that I have over 40 hours knitting time. I used Jaggerspun Zephyr, color Admiral, knit with size 4 needle. Finished size is approximately 19 inches wide--from point to point and about 64 inches long.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

That is a work of art.... Just incredibly beautiful. I am definately going to make this now.

Betsy Rheaume said...

Thanks Maureen, I'm really looking forward to wearing it to my nephew's wedding in September.