Today I sent an e-mail to inquire about purchasing some ewes or ewe lambs from a shepherd in Mid-Michigan. I'm still waiting to hear back from her. In the meantime, I've been knitting my son's hat, which should be done tomorrow. I usually don't knit the same pattern more than once, but for him I made the exception; that's probably why it's going so fast. I started it Monday night and have been knitting a little bit every night after work.

One of the reasons I knit is because I like the challenge of trying something new. I don't like repetition in anything. My husband is famous for repeating the same story, so when he starts telling me something I've heard before, I just say, repeat and that's the signal for him to stop talking.

I've been on a spending spree. In addition to the yarn for my son's hat, I bought some 100% alpaca Peruvian Collection from elann It is so soft, I've never knit anything with alpaca before. Then I bought Nursery Rhyme Knits from overstock I still have to get my cabled turtleneck done, but it's awfully tempting to start a nursery rhyme hat.

No comments: