Yay an FO!


It looks pretty boring doesn't it? Every project is a learning experience, since this was the second time I made this hat, I did a better job of grafting the garter stitch seam. I washed it and have it blocking next to the woodstove.

I received an e-mail from the shepherd and she said they expect to start lambing in a couple of weeks and will have lambs available. She might have some ewes too, but I think I would rather have lambs. Usually when a farm is selling their adult sheep, (unless they are just reducing their flock) they have had some kind of problem, poor mother, lambs singles, difficult pregnancy, age etc.

Of course starting a flock with lambs means we probably wouldn't be able to have them bred until Fall 2005. But just think of the beautiful lamb's wool I'll have.

No comments: