I don't know how many projects I completed this year. Most of the time I knit vests because they are quicker, plus as I've gotten older, I tend to be warmer and wool sweater usually end up draped over the back of a chair. I don't usually abandon a project unless I am unhappy with it. This is one of my favorite vests, knit with Plymouth Encore.

I adapted a man's pullover sweater from an old issue of FCEK into a woman's button up vest.

I will be so glad when the holiday eating season is over, so I can get back to healthy eating. As a teenager I was about 30 pounds overweight, but I lost most of the weight before I got married. After my first son was born I lost a few more pounds and have kept within the same weight for 20 years. Then I started gaining just 1-2 pounds every year, which translated into 15 pounds over a 10 year period. This past summer, I started taking the weight off, a combination of diet and exercise resulted in a 14 pound weight loss. The tough part is yet to come when I am sitting in front of a computer during the tax season. I'm determined to keep it off, especially since the weight doesn't come off as easily as it did when I was younger. So starting tomorrow, I'm going to begin counting calories again, just to help keep me accountable through the tax season.

No comments: