I wish I could say it's 100% done, but I still need one button.


I finished the culdesac vest over the weekend. Of course the only buttons I liked, there were only 4 available. I'm going to order another card of buttons from Couture Buttons
I'm not real happy with the side seams, sewing together reverse stockinette is not very pretty. I couldn't find anything useful in my knitting books about the best way to go about it. Of course after I had it finished I found an article in one of my knitting magazines, IK I think it was, illustrating the technique.

This vest was a challenge because of the way the instructions are written. In order to keep track of my increases, decreases and cables, I charted some of the rows on a piece of paper. If I hadn't had to rip it back so often I could have been done weeks ago.

If the sun ever comes out again, I'll take a better photo.

No comments: