Yesterday was my trip into the city to visit Grandma and take her to the store. Since it's a 2 1/2 hour drive down there, I take a break by stopping at the yarn store to stretch my legs. First stop was Skeins on Main in Rochester, Michigan. Even though their address is Main Street, you won't find it on Main Street, but in the alley. This is a nice little store. The employees are very friendly and were quick to help me find what I was looking for. I really wasn't in a yarn shopping mood, though. My only purchase was a package of blocking pins.

On the way home from Grandma's I stopped at the Crafty Lady in Macomb. I didn't buy any yarn here either, just a set of 4" dpns for the gloves I want to knit.


I went through Port Huron on the way home. Here's the Blue Water Bridge that crosses over to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Actually, there are two bridges here, one for going to Canada and the other for coming back. My husband was on the construction crew that built the second bridge in 1998 and 1999.


One freighter was coming up the St. Clair River. I bet it was cold on the deck yesterday.

No comments: